Here is story of triumph over setbacks life throws at us.
Manasi Joshi was a budding software engineer working in Mumbai, India. In Dec 2011, she was in accident where unfortunately her left leg had to be amputated.It completely Pulled her away from her career as software engineer and she had to rethink about life. After spending some time to learn to walk, she turned to sports to find more meaningful life. “Sports helped me break stereotypes” She said. She took up badminton which was her favorite sports during childhood to regain her balance.
A couple of years later, one of her friends suggested her to try out for National Para-badminton team. She surprised her by winning several national and international medals. In Aug 2019, she claimed gold medal in Switzerland at BWF para-badminton world championship. She returned to India as celebrity.
This popularity has helped her spread awareness about disability rights in India where there are 26 million people live with same form of impairment. She is preparing for Tokyo 2020 Paralympic games. She says her experience would help people find opportunities in adversity because that’s is what has helped her break barriers and set her free.
Here is list of her Medals
· 2015 medal in mixed doubles, Para-Badminton World Championships
· 2016 Bronze in women's singles & women's doubles, Para-Badminton Asian Championships
· 2017 Bronze in women's singles, Para-Badminton World Championships
· 2018 Bronze in women's singles, Thailand Para-Badminton International
· 2018 Bronze in women's singles, Asian Para Games 2018
· 2019 Gold in women's singles, Para-Badminton World Championship, Basel, Switzerland